This fall, my attention is focused on color-washed eyelids in soft, muted, 90’s-inspired shades. Brown is the new black when it comes to the smokey eye, from eyeshadow all the way down to mascara!
1. Tom Ford Eye and Cheek Shadows, in Bronze, Peach, Plum, or Pink, $65 – Shop >
2. Chanel Les 5 Ombres de Chanel in Entrelacs, $80 – Shop >
3. Chanel Les Volume de Chanel Waterproof in Brun, $32 – Shop >
Put aside your contour powders and creams! This season we are seeing warm peach and pink blushes that give you that après ski flush.
From soft, matte nudes to goth blackberry stained lips, pouts have also taken on a distinctly 90’s vibe.
1. Nude – Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Very Victoria, $32 – Shop >
2. Tom Ford Lip Color Matte in Pussycat (for the moderately daring), $52 – Shop >
2. Goth – Tom Ford Lip Color Matte in Black Dahlia (for the daring), $52 – Shop >
SAUTÉED KALE WITH LEMON, GARLIC, PINE NUTS, & CURRANTS
Kale has become a staple in every household and on seemingly every restaurant menu. We absolutely love it here at Chez Carlo! However, sometimes salad on a cool autumn night just isn’t comforting enough, so I decided to sauté instead and, Voila! Instant comfort! I created this recipe for Sweet Paul Magazine’s Holiday 2014 issue. Enjoy!
I am absolutely obsessed with flatware! I had to stop counting my personal sets after six… Recently I’ve had my eye on the beautiful Mepra Forma Nero 5-piece place setting, available here. Beyond gorgeous!